Tuesday, October 5, 2010

english muffins are tasty

Today we start out with an english muffin, apple butter, and orange juice. This was more of a brunch, at about 11am, before heading out to my internship. I hated english muffins as a kid, but now I think they are great. The apple butter I got at the local apple orchard that I talked about in my previous post. Soooo much apple in my life right now. And I love it.
Mid-afternoon snack at my internship. I'm normally not too terribly thrilled with granola bars, as they usually taste bland to me, but Kashi Dark Chocolate Cherry chewy granola is amaaaazing. I love it.

The woman I intern for was selling candy for a fundraiser for her son, so I bought Gobstoppers. I like hard candy because I don't down it as fast as I would chewy candy. I got really hungry near the end of my day, about 4pm, so I had a few. They're addicting...

Dinner was Chinese take-out. I resisted the temptation to get BBQ lo mein and went with 'Chicken Cashew Nut.' It has really tasty chicken, carrots, celery, snap peas, some kind of crunchy mystery vegetable, and of course the cashews. This was paired with some beef fried rice and white rice. I'm sure there was far too much sodium in this... and yes I know white rice is bad... but it's really good. And I got to use my Japanese dishes! Just because I could.

Augh, the brownie strikes again. Just one. (The others are in that container calling to me... I will resist! For today.)

I can't tell, is this a lot of food? I know it's not super healthy, but it's not super bad for you either. I believe in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment