Sunday, October 10, 2010

october picnic

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday's eatings yet, so here they are today!

Breakfast is apple cinnamon oatmeal with a bit of OJ. I really enjoyed it the day before so I wanted to have it again. Yeah cinnamon!

Lunch consisted of the leftover chicken+bacon+apple+avocado sandwich! Even reheated it was still amazing. I put a teaspoon's worth of French dressing on the plate to dip it into, because it really makes the sandwich.

Two of my best friends who are away for school were both back in town for the weekend! We met up at our usual Starbucks haunt, where we caught up and had tasty coffee. My poison for the day was a tall pumpkin spice latte. Soooo good. I love fall flavors.

We roamed around town for awhile, and due to an epic game of musical cars (my phrase for when driving somewhere is randomly ridiculously long and/or unorthodox. There was a lot of back and forth.), we ended up at one friend's house and her parents generously invited us to have dinner. Since it was such a beautiful day (80s in October?), we had a mini picnic outside. Dinner was a grilled burger with a little mustard and more liberal amounts of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, tostada chips, carrot sticks, a bowl of peaches, and a glass of 7Up.

After bringing everything back outside, my friend's mom suprises us with an offer for cake! I love cake.
We continued "musical cars" until we all ended up back at my other friend's house, where we looked at engagement photos, watched music videos, and snacked on wheat thins while watching the Studio Ghibli film Ponyo. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment