Tuesday, October 12, 2010

pesto experiments

Foodings for 10/11/10 include....
breakfast as lunch! I woke up with a craving for Cherrios. All breakfast foods are accompanied by orange juice!


Then... dinner time! I was so surprised I wasn't hungry the six hours from lunch til dinner. Mom was late at work again, so I got the go ahead to actually cook. I made my dad hash (ground beef and potato pieces), but I can't stand the stuff, so after digging around in the cabinets I found a packet of pesto sauce mix! So off I went to making it.

It came out pretty good! I undercooked the noodles slightly, but other than that it was fine. I steamed some frozen broccoli and tossed it in with a little parmesian cheese and topped the whole thing off with some feta and a tiny bit of mozzarella (like, 10 little of those shreds worth. Nowhere near a handful.) The best part was the pesto was less than 15 calories! I believe it was Knorr brand. Experimental cooking = success.

Afterwards I splurged and ate a Ghiardelli milk chocolate + caramel square. Love this stuff.

My mom always has a bowl of candy around the house, and since it's fall we're stocked up on candy corn. it's next to impossible to not take a few pieces from it.. so this is about what I had late last night. 6 or 7 about.

No comments:

Post a Comment