Monday, October 11, 2010

snack attack

I wonder if it's going to be a habit to update this with the previous day's edibles... hmm. We will see.

Lunch: all beef hot dog with ketchup on a smushed bun. I don't have hot dogs very often.


As a snack later on I searched through the apples and found another relatively small one. It was a beautiful day outside, so I went outside to eat it.. and found box elder bugs and spiders everywhere. So after I took the picture I went back inside.. le sigh.

more snacks... I think I thought the hot dog would fill me up more than it did. Here we have some Ritz crackers with blackberry jam! I wanted to find some locally made jam, but I think I am past prime jam season now...

More snacks... eep. Dried mango! I love this stuff. It's a little sugary, but it's really hard to find dried fruit that isn't ridiculously oversugared. This kind isn't too bad. The only brand I have found that doesn't have tons of sugar are some of the Trader Joe ones. We don't have a Trader Joes near here, though. I have five or six pieces, which is about a serving.

I am trying so hard to not to snack like crazy but I was so hungry just a little while later... the Cheez-its make a comeback. I had five of these little guys.

Finally, dinner time has arrived. I went with some of my family to the pizza place down the street. They serve peanuts! The kind that you crack 'em open and toss the shells on the ground.

My brother ordered a "double decker" pizza that was half sausage, a quarter pepperoni, and a quarter cheese. A double decker pizza is pizza dough that has all the ingredients rolled up into it. It's a bit thicker than average pizza, and the dough is nice and soft. I am not one for hard, thin pizza, so this worked out great for me.

My piece! It didn't fit on the plate... the tip was tucked under. Whenever I eat pizza, I always take a few napkins and dab off all the grease. Cause grease is just gross. :( My favorite part about this was the doughy crust!

Later that evening I really wanted a dessert snack of some sort.. but we didn't have anything that I deemed worth the calories. I got the inclination to make hot chocolate, but right next to the hot chocolate was tea. So I opted to make cinnamon apple spice tea. Added a little bit of honey, sugar, and ground cinnamon, because I'm not a fan of straight tea. I have a bit of a sweet tooth. It was good! I want to go pick up some new teas at the store now.

No comments:

Post a Comment