Monday, October 4, 2010

Introduction

A foodie blog for the foodie impaired? What does that even mean?

Let me be completely honest.

I don't know all that much about food. I'm in a transitional period, where I am at home with my parents for the next eight months before I move out, and the kitchen is stocked with high fat and high sodium foods without a lick of whole grain. Food is expensive for the college-aged, I don't know how to cook much beyond toast (and somewhat randomly, a mean spaghetti sauce), and my mom rules the kitchen- meaning, it's hard for me to get in there at times.

So this blog will be a visual record of my endeavors to try to eat more healthy and lose a little weight (especially before my wedding) given the obstacles. There will be ups and downs and plenty of experimentation, but hopefully documenting it all will help keep me on the right track.

Unfortunately I had the idea for this blog as I was finishing my lunch, which was an apple and spinach salad with a little bit of crumbled bacon and feta cheese, with a homemade dressing of white vinegar, olive oil, sugar, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper, so there are no pictures... yet. But there will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment