Friday, October 8, 2010

yummy avocado

Breakfast.. wait, breakfast!? Yes. Instant Quaker Oats oatmeal, apple and cinnamon flavor! I sprinkled a little extra cinnamon on top. Mmm.
I met my mom for lunch at this wonderful local brunch cafe that opened up a few weeks ago. I'd tried a few of their breakfast selections, but I really wanted to try one of their sandwiches. This is the 'Brunch Chicken' sandwich. Grilled chicken, lettuce (the good kind, not iceberg), sliced apple, swiss cheese, avocado, and french dressing on a.. oh I forget the name of the bread. Something I hadn't heard of before. Tasty bread. They didn't have a light or fat free french, so I asked for it on the side. I subbed out the fries for fruit!

The sandwich was *amazing*. I ate juust over half of the sandwich and took the rest home. It was my first time eating straight avocado (as opposed to guacamole). The sandwich was so big! My mouth wasn't big enough.


I snacked on a few pieces of candy corn and I believe I ate the last gobstopper today. Then dinner arrived. Parental unit 1 (aka mom) had to be at work late and no one will eat my cooking unless I am specifically told to cook. It's not that I'm necessarily bad at it, it's just one of those weird family things. My family is also under some dietary restrictions, so there's not too much wiggle room for experimentation.

So I picked up dinner for parental unit 2 at the local pizza place down the street. I decided to try the chicken parmesian sandwich, subbing in grilled chicken and whole wheat bread instead of getting it fried. So I opened the box and find...


Those are a lot of french fries. I didn't realize it came with them. I'm trying super hard to limit fried foods. I usually do a pretty good job, though every so often if I'm at one of my favorite places I'll get some.

So below is a picture of what I actually ate. I cut off the corner of the sandwich, because there was no chicken in it. I also really wanted root beer, but we had none. I think I had maybe half a glass of apple cider instead.


I found Keebler chocolate covered graham cracker cookies in the fridge. They are so good, and so addicting. I realized after I took the picture there isn't really a scale for how big these are.. they're maybe an inch and a half long. I wound up having two.

I also had three Cheez-it crackers. Just for records sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment