Tuesday, October 12, 2010

spontaneous chicken

So I'm pretty much in love with oatmeal. I have discovered the magic of brown sugar. Added a bit of that and some ground cinnamon to my Quaker Oats Instant Oatmeal apple + cinnamon flavor. Sooooo good. Of course, orange juice! This was my lunch.

Back at my internship today. I brought with me yoplait light rasberry cheesecake yogurt (woo 100 calories!) but I noticed the sell-by date was October 1st... and you're supposed to consume it within 7 days.. and today is the 12th. I *think* it was okay... but I'm iffy with yogurt on the best of days. Not a fan of jiggly food. So I went with the super delicious Kashi cherry dark chocolate granola bar. I am officially out of these, so I must go buy more.

Due to sudden series of random events, I found myself at Applebee's with the fam. On a whim my mom ordered a white peach sangria to share. After a few sips, we both decided that sangria was not our kind of drink. So I didn't have much of it, but it looked pretty. For the record, I also had a sip of that pepsi there. I've actually gotten to the point where soda just doesn't taste good to me anymore- which is a good thing!

Mozzarella sticks appetizer! I snagged one of these.

And I realized as I was getting this post together that I completely forgot to take a picture of my dinner! I got the chicken finger basket and subbed out the fries for mixed veggies. I ate all but one chicken tender and all of the broccoli and carrots from the veggies, and then ate a bunch of fries from my mom's chicken finger basket. Augh fried food. It stopped tasting good after a few bites. Applebee's had some yummy looking pasta dishes on their menu, but I personally feel their quality has been declining for several years now, and didn't want to eat not so good pasta and the sauces that go with it and rack up calories. Calories are only [sometimes] worth it if the food is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment